The only entrance of Dar al-Wilaya portico in the brothers’ section was a narrow semi-circular path of golden porch, which by some stairs with high height led to the portico. The narrow entrance, caused many traffic difficulties for pilgrims, especially before and after congregational prayers and special occasions, in which the Holy Shrine was faced with a peak crowd of pilgrims. Moreover, wheelchair traffic from this route was practically impossible.
Hence, by the order of the Grand Custodian of Astan Quds Razavi, and in order to facilitate the initiation of Imam Reza (A.S.) Holy Shrine pilgrims, engineers and experts of the Organization of Construction and Development of Imam Reza (A.S.) Shrine moved the steel window of east side of the Islamic Republic Courtyard to its right side opening. Thus, wide entrance, matched with Dar al-Wilaya portico and equipped by a ramp for wheelchair was built at the site.
The current steel window of the Islamic Republic Courtyard was built and installed in 1366 Hijri, weighing about 10 tons that at the time the Islamic Republic space was not in its present form. However, today according to constructions on the courtyard, moving this 10-ton structure, with minimum damage to tile works and mirror works of the portico were of the hardest parts of the project.
It should be noted that this displacement was carried out during a special religious ceremony, and the location of the steel window of Islamic Republic Courtyard toward the Razavi Holy Grave is not different from the past.